Your Younger Self – Flying Delorean Questions
Your Younger Self – Flying Delorean Questions
Have you ever written a message to your younger self? Who would have guessed 20, 50, or even 100 years ago that we would be putting people on Mars in the future to live? I certainly wouldn’t have. We will be reviewing possible flying Delorean qustions you can ask yourself or others about the future. We want to help you create thought provoking questions to answer and save in your own “Any Occasion” DIY Time Capsule.
Flying Delorean: For those of you who do now know, or did not grow up in the 80’s or 90’s. This movie is a classic. This movies will be talked about for decades. This movie is “Back to the Future.” Introducing the Flying Delorean time machine or time capsule.
Great School Project Idea – Make a Time Capsule
I remember sitting in high school many times asking the age old question, “How does this relate to what I am going to do in the future?” I am sure some of you can relate. What do you think would happen if you were asked in your History or English class, “If you could travel back in history, where would you go and why?”
You can buy an “Any Occasion” DIY Time Capsule and start answering your question today, filling out the “Message to the Future” stationary included. Put any photo of yourself on the outside of the time capsule. Decorate it on the outside of this tin, with other pictures of things that describe you, or draw and paint on the outside designing your own beautiful artwork. Inside the time capsule, save your favorite mementos and memorabilia that describes what life is like now.
So, If you could travel back in history, were would you go and why?
- Favorite vacation you had as a kid
- Favorite event you went to as a kid
- Friend’s house
- Relive a birthday party as someone’s home
- A specific mundane day you remember vividly with your family or friends
This question can be answered as deep as someone wants to. Some people have grown up with their parents who have passed away at a young age. Some of us wonder why we are the way we are, and want to know more about our own parents and how they were raised to see the similarities. Some of us enjoy the more simple things in life, and would like to go back to a world without computers or cell phones.
Video of Message to the Future Advice
Have students fill out an essay answering this profound question. It is a Flying Delorean question. If you could go back in time, what would you tell yourself? Here is an encouraging video to watch for those who may be going to college soon. Learn from those in this video who have already written a “Message to the Future” message to their selves.
When thinking about the childhood, teenage, and past adult years, I would maybe tell myself:
- It is ok to be different.
- Connect with friends who actually have similar interests.
- Surround yourself with others who are smarter than you. Learn from the wise.
- Invest in your future, and read books that will help you move forward in life.
- Stop following social expectations all the time. Be yourself.
- Don’t wait until you get too stressed before you get help.
- Remember high-school is not for forever.
- It will get better.
- Take care of yourself.
- Live each day as if the last.
- Plug in to a great mentor program.
- Surround yourself with friends of similar faith.
- Let go of power and outsource.
- Stop fighting. Be the bigger person and accept constructive criticism. Do something about it. Don’t just sit there.
- Set your goals and break them up in smaller chunks. Reward yourself along with way.
- Give back and help others. It helps you be more thankful and grateful for things in your life.
Now, of course you cannot change the past, however you can learn from the past. Because you cannot change your past, you can also write a “Message to the Future” letter about what you would want to read or hear about, or view what you accomplished in life by the time you are 90 years old. Basically, it is like a bucket list question. For another great blog on this subject, check out How to Make a Bucket List for Your Time Capsule.
So, what would you tell your younger self? Comment below.
Making Milestone Moments Count,
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013